10 Social Media Tips in 30 Minutes
1) Consistent branding across channels. Challenge: Can you identify the inconsistency (above)?
2) Strategically hyperlink from profile pages. Arine Solutions and social profiles Arine Solutions: “Hyperlinks in social media profiles can drive clicks and SEO”
3) Reciprocate (follow and add back). Twitter Retain new followers by “following back” Allow followers to “DM” (Direct Message) you Facilitate social listening Facebook “Like” brand pages who follow you Google+ As users add you, add them back to your Circle(s) Tweet me: “Reciprocate on social media: as you gain followers and friends, follow back #DNN”
4) Tag (link to) other users. Twitter Sharing content: include the author’s Twitter handle in the tweet Facebook “Tag” a brand’s Facebook page in your post Google+ Include users’ Google+ handles in posts LinkedIn Ask employees and partners to link to your Company Page in profile updates Tweet me: “Get noticed on social media by tagging other users #DNN”
5) Learn the tricks of the trade for each network. The retweet on Twitter Tagging on Facebook The “@ mention” on Twitter Managing circles on Google+ Creating product listings on your LinkedIn Company page Hosting Google+ Hangouts Tailoring the title and description of your Facebook posts Tweet me: “Not every social network is the same. Learn the tricks of the trade for each one #DNN”
6) Measure, evaluate, adjust. Evaluate Content type Topic Time of day Post length Post messaging Humor vs. no humor Tweet me: “On social media: measure, evaluate and adjust is the new rinse and repeat #DNN” Measure Reach Engagement Website traffic New followers Click-through rate
7) Mix it up. Tweet me: “Don’t be an automaton: mix it up on social media #DNN” Respond to others Retweet compelling content Recruit your next hire Share content your audience craves
8) Engage proactively and respond promptly. Interact with thought leaders around their content Help users with their issues or challenges Give thanks for content shares Thank users for compliments Address negative comments Reinforce your “brand personality” Respond in a timely manner (same-day far better than next week; same-hour = nirvana.) Relevant reading: Forrester Wave on Social Relationship Platforms ($) Tweet me: “It’s important to engage proactively and respond promptly on social media #DNN”
9) Cross-promote your social channels. Expand your following across channels Promote YouTube videos on Twitter Promote Google+ Hangouts on Facebook Promote Facebook Contests on Google+ List social channels on your LinkedIn Company Page List social channels (and our blog!) on your Google+ profile Promote your SlideShare presentations on Twitter Tweet me: “Tip: have your social media channels help support one another #DNN” Click here for a “permalink” to the Facebook post, which you can then share elsewhere
10) Experiment with paid advertising Promoted Tweets (Twitter) Facebook Ads Sponsored Updates (LinkedIn) Video Ads (YouTube) Tweet me: “Paid advertising can be effective for supplementing your social media marketing #DNN” VEHICLES BENEFITS Higher likelihood that followers see your content Expanded reach (new users) Gain followers Drive revenue.
For more details visit our website http://www.arinesolutions.com
Our facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/ArineSolutions
Our LinkedIn Page : http://www.linkedin.com/company/arine-solutions
Our Twitter Page : https://twitter.com/ArineSolutions
Our Google+ Page : https://plus.google.com/+Arinesolutions